As it draws closer here is what I need to work on for four years (create a network, build community capacity, recommend archival guidelines, disseminate research, cooperate with UNESCO):
The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation on virtual heritage sites, science, sustainable development, social and ethical challenges, cultural diversity, intercultural dialogue, culture of peace, information and communication. It will facilitate collaboration between high-level, internationally-recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Australia, Europe and North America and in other regions of the world.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- create a Cultural Heritage and Visualisation network to use and advise on 3D models of World Heritage Sites as well as to show how 3D models can be employed in teaching and research etc.;
- build capacity through community workshops, learning materials including distributing the teaching resources digitally at no cost for the end user, training of research students and post-doctorate scholars and visiting fellows;
- recommend long-term archive guidelines and ways of linking 3D models to scholarly publications and related scholarly resources and infrastructures;
- disseminate the results of research activities at conferences and workshops, via online papers, applications and learning materials; and,
- cooperate closely with UNESCO on relevant programmes and activities.