I get asked this by people quite often and while this is by no means a definitive list, it might help those interested in game-focussed archaeology/heritage PhD opportunities and postdocs:
- UCLA ETC http://etc.ucla.edu/
- Merced UC http://www.ucmerced.edu/content/nicola-lercari hum
- Duke University http://diglab.org/
- Virtual World Heritage Laboratory http://vwhl.clas.virginia.edu/
- Possibly Ball State’s IDIA lab: http://idialab.org/
- Arkansas CAST: http://cast.uark.edu/cast-academics/index.php
- Birmingham University http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/profiles/eese/stone-bob.aspx
- Southampton http://acrg.soton.ac.uk/
- Humlab Umea Sweden often has PhD opportunities http://www.humlab.umu.se/en/about/humlab/
- Lund University, Sweden has an archaeology/VR centre: http://projekt.ht.lu.se/digital-heritage
- You can also try the Centre of Digital Heritage partners in Europe: https://www.york.ac.uk/digital-heritage/
- Possibly CINECA partners: https://hpc-forge.cineca.it/files/visit_Dissemination/public/ApaGame/ApaGame2013/
- NB Spain does some great work in virtual heritage, but I don’t know, offhand, their virtual heritage centre opportunities.
- In Australia, iCinema: http://www.icinema.unsw.edu.au/
As I said, this is by no means a definitive list (and very English language-biased) but I have noticed the above often promote PHD and Postdoc opportunities. I will have some opportunities in PhD positions and a postdoc that I will put on this site, hopefully before June.