I am seeking 8-12 chapters for an edited book on “Place and the Virtual”. Proposed chapters can be on
- Definitions, main concepts, historical interpretations.
- Critical reviews of virtual places (theoretical or individual existing or past or future examples).
- Investigations into the similarities dissonances and differences between real places and virtual places.
- Applications of theories in other fields to the design or criticism of virtuality and place.
- Implications of related technologies, social trends, issues and applications.
Typical book chapter length: 5,000–8,000 words
Current Status of Proposal: The book proposal will be sent to the below editors for review when I have approximately 8-12 chapter abstracts.
Submission format: by email or attached word or RTF (rich text format) document, approximately 300-500 words.
Deadline for chapter abstracts: Still considering applications.
Email your abstract to: erik DOT champion AT Curtin DOT edu DOT au
Proposed to be part of a new planned Bloomsbury Books Series: Thinking Place, Series Editors Jessica Dubow and Jeff Malpas.Please distribute to interested parties.