Deadline for applications: August 25, 2015
Applicants are expected to select one of the thematic areas in order to give a 15-minute oral presentation in one of the workshops. Short-listed applicants have to submit a 2,000-word essay and a draft poster.
The thematic areas for in-class presentations are:
- Conflict-solving strategies in the context of historic urban landscapes
- Cultural landscapes in conflict: challenges and solutions
- Heritage in the event of war and terrorism
- Climate change and natural disasters as challenges for natural heritage
- Heritage Impact Assessment (HIA) as a tool for solving conflicts
How to apply?
In order to apply please submit the following documents:
- Application form (Please download the form to your computer)
- Curriculum Vitae (1 page)
- Letter of Motivation indicating the chosen thematic area (1 page)
- Abstract of your research project in progress, i.e. your in-class presentation (0,5 page)
- Proof of enrolment as a Master’s or Ph.D. student
Please, be aware that applicants have to select one of the five thematic areas described above. The application is considered incomplete, if a thematic area is not indicated. The short-listed candidates will be invited to submit a 2,000-word essay on their in-class presentation by September 15, 2015. Based on the quality of the papers the advisory board of ISAC will select the definite participants and award up to 15 scholarships.
Participants have to pay a registration fee of 250 euros that includes tuition, course materials and the costs of the thematic excursions.
ISAC may offer up to 15 scholarships provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The selection criterion is the quality of your application (i.e. relevance of your studies, letter of motivation, quality of the abstract and the 2,000-word essay on your in-class presentation).
The scholarships cover accommodation and a lump sum for traveling costs. Please note that traveling costs will be reimbursed according to the regulations of the DAAD.
Eligible are only international students that are enrolled at a foreign university. Neither degree-seeking international students enrolled at a German higher education institution nor German students enrolled at a foreign higher education institution are eligible.
A limited number of junior researchers who work at a foreign higher education institution may be awarded a scholarship. Either way, you have to provide a proof of enrolment or a certificate from your employer.
Please send your application via email to:
Ms. Dariya Afanasyeva
Chair Intercultural Studies, UNESCO Chair in Heritage Studies