Apart from the everywhere solution that is UNITY, and the not so well known solution that is Flash in 3D, 3D models on the web appears dead. At least VRML is. Single-player, lack of browser standardisation, no killer app. Actually it is more of a zombie, still there, but not in wide usage because what can you do with it?
Enter two contenders:
- 3D HTML5 Game Engine. Create games that run plugin-free in any modern browser. Hardware-accelerated using WebGL.
- Cloud-based tools. Running right in your browser, nothing to download and install. Get started in seconds.
- Designed for teams. Real-time collaboration. Work with your team-mates see their changes as they happen.
- Game Developer Community. Join the PlayCanvas community and get help making your game.
- Publish and Share. Publish your game to PlayCanvas, share it with the world.
You can download the source//assets
Thanks to netmagazine for the heads up: