To celebrate the publication of the 20,000th event announcements on Calenda, the OpenEdition is pleased to announce the launch of the multilingual version of the humanities and social sciences calendar: calenda.org.
The sheer volume and variety of announcements required a more detailed, yet more ergonomic interface for a more in-depth use of the calendar. The calendar has now published more than 2000 announcements in English and 300 in Portuguese, hence a multilingual interface was required. The future of OpenEdition in general and Calenda in particular, lies in this international dimension.
Calenda’s main improvements to functioning include:
– Easier browsing of announcements via a search engine using both criteria and facets;
– The multilingualism of the platfrom has been refined with the implementation of linguistic browsing (French, English and Portuguese, with German and Spanish soon to follow);
– Announcement documentation is now enhanced with automatic geolocalisation and language indications.
During the weeks to come, we will be presenting these functions in more detail as well as other news of the site in posts published.
Calenda is an OpenEdition platform (Revues.org, Hypotheses, Calenda and OpenEdition Books), with its own Academic Committee (http://calenda.org/about). Calenda has been developed by the Centre for Open Electronic Publishing (UMS 3287 – CNRS, Université d’Aix-Marseille, EHESS, Université d’Avignon). The Fondation Calouste Gulbenkian is co-financing the development of the Portuguese-speaking version of Calenda in partnership with Cléo and the Centro em Rede de Investigação em Antropologia (CRIA, Portugal).
- French Version of Calenda : http://calenda.org/?lang=fr
- English Version of Calenda : http://calenda.org/?lang=en
- Portugese Version of Calenda : http://calenda.org/?lang=pt
We welcome any proposal coming from other languages, in order to provide more translations to european languages, such as german, italien, danish, polish, etc.